2024 is our YEAR OF SPIRITUAL RENEWAL. A year to press deeper into God. A year to experience a renewed intimacy with God, a deeper dependency on God a richer relationship with Him. A year to slow down from all our frenetic activities and enjoy unhurried time in God’s presence. A year to pursue the Spiritual practices of prayer & fasting, silence & solitude, meditating on God’s Word, community, friendship, worship & Sabbath. A year to encounter God in the power of the Holy Spirit, in a new and fresh way.
Many of us are spiritually weary, or spiritually stagnant, sleepy, stale or struggling. We’re spiritually dry and distant because there’s a gap between the Jesus we talk about or read about and the spiritual lives we’re living. We don’t need more programmes or events, we need more unhurried time in God’s presence, drinking deeply for that spring of living water.
John Wesley said “It is good to renew ourselves, from time to time, by closely examining the state of our souls, as if we had never done it before’. That is our goal for 2024! We will do this in key ways across the year through such things as;
- Hearing God’s voice as we slowly work our way through His Word – allowing space to dig deeper into glorious truths and application
- Being equipped and encouraged to press into the Spiritual Practices
- Our Central Prayer Gatherings (1st Wed of month) reflecting the Spiritual Renewal we are all craving
- A renewed focus on prayer generally
- Many of our regular activities and some new ministries
But we don’t want to just be busy! We want the space to slow down with God, to encounter God, in the power of the Holy Spirit, in a new and fresh way, as we spend unhurried time in His presence, pursuing the Spiritual Practices, and delighting in a richer inner life with God.