The Gospel First
13 February 2011
How would you answer this question: “For me, to live is…”?
“To live is Christ, to die is gain”. This was the statement of the Apostle Paul in Philippians 1:21 - a man ‘intoxicated by Christ’. What you think about Jesus, will shape every square inch of your life - it will even shape how you think about death.
What does it look like to live a life ‘intoxicated by Christ’? Three implications from this passage:
1. Take every opportunity to proclaim Jesus (this year, our focus is on ‘reaching those we know’),
2. Rejoice when Christ is preached, and
3. Work hard for the good of others.
We don’t have to talk about Jesus. We get to talk about Jesus!
- Contentment and thankfulness // Paul Dale // 2 April
- Standing firm in Christ // Dave Freeman // 27 March
- How to stand firm in Christ // Paul Dale // 26 March
- Pressing on in Christ // Paul Dale // 20 March
- I want to know Christ // Paul Dale // 13 March
- Models of gospel living // Paul Dale // 5 March
- Shining like stars // Paul Dale // 27 February
- Living a life worthy of the gospel // Paul Dale // 20 February
- Partnership in the Gospel // Paul Dale // 6 February